Friday, March 21, 2008

Weather Woes

This was by far the worst travel commute of the winter, for me. It took almost 3.5 hours for me to go the 92 miles. There were definitely plenty of cars in the median and ditch, but it didn't seem like it was the worst weather of the season. For once though, the majority of vehicles stuck or disabled weren't SUV's.

There isn't anything worse then being stuck in stop and go traffic or traveling at 30mph when you have to go to the bathroom. The 32oz. water I consumed in the first 10 minutes of travel proved to be a BAD idea as my thoughts were consumed by the slow traffic, bad weather and the sudden urge to refill the water bottle. Oh and along with that was the nagging comments of my mother, "You know you shouldn't hold it. It really isn't healthy for you. You know, one day you are going to wish you never held it because you are going to have to pee all the time." Why is it that somethings just can't get out of your mind. Mom and her wagging finger and words of wisdom. Well mom, I did it again. I made it home and was able to use the bathroom. Of course, I almost got stuck in my driveway AGAIN...I just can't seem to get that "running" start up the small incline of my narrow driveway. If my grass wasn't bad last year - I can't imagine what it will look like this year with all of my creative lawn jobs!

No comments: