Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lazy Day

Today has been an absolutely wonderful and much needed day. I have managed to do almost absolutely nothing. For me that is. I have been going, going, going for as long as I can remember and I needed a day of rest and relaxation.

I did manage to get a few things done. I straightened up the kitchen and put away dishes. I watched a movie, balanced the check book, read the pile of mail and shredded the mound of junk/bills. I even managed to watch most of a movie, talked to friends and my dad on the phone and took a LONG nap.

But the most progress was in getting ready for the trip. I managed to try on all of my capris for vacation and decided I don't need to bring 17 pair ;) My capri selection is much like my pants selections - a variety of tan, beige, tan, black, tan and an occasional color. Pretty basic, pretty universal, ultimately boring. And boring is exactly what works :) Although I'll really be peeved when it's 30 degrees and all I have is capris, walking sandals and a sweater jacket. I would have to say this is the earliest I have EVER, yes EVER started packing for any trip. Granted, this is also the longest trip I've ever taken too. At the rate I'm going, I could be packed by the end of the night. Since I'm not big on doing laundry, that means I don't plan on bringing anything I wear before the trip. I also decided I was bringing three pairs of shoes afterall - boots, zcoils and a pair of casual (dressier than the zcoils) sandals. I'm even bringing three dresses - which is crazy for me but figure no one knows me and I'll never see them again, right?

A co-worker/friend of mine said that he knew someone that went on an African safari and landed a millionaire. So he has high hopes for me. ROFLMAO. I'll be lucky to land a bag man, especially with my attire - but at least I should be able to walk/run fast in my zcoils from any loonies... :)

I've manage to procrastinate going into the office ALL day but I'm slowly running out of things to do to keep avoiding it. I have the last load of laundry in and then I'll pack my overnight bag (J/K) to camp out in my cubicle to play catch up. Even shopping sounds more appealing at this point, and that's pretty SAD.

No comments: