Friday, March 28, 2008

Dateline NBC - Mistaken Identity

Tonight my son and I happened to be watching t.v. while playing games. He decided there wasn't anything worth watching on Nickelodeon or his channels and stopped on Dateline NBC. Occasionally, we will watch Dateline NBC as we both find the stories very moving. Tonight's story wasn't any different.

The story of Mistaken Identity. The tragic story of circular loss and hope for two families brought together over the mistaken identity. I remember reading about the story in the paper, as both women were from Michigan. I remember following the blog of Laura's family. I remember praying for both families and how tragic the circumstances and how difficult for both families. And there it was...right on the t.v. the story told by both families of their feelings, emotions, recollections of the event and the weeks following and now almost two years later.

I can't imagine being either family. The grief, the loss the tragedy. As I sat their in awe and tears I wondered what if. I could relate with both families. And while I pray for their families, I found myself praying and hoping that I never experience such loss.

No comments: