Friday, March 28, 2008

Patience & My BIG Mouth

Sometimes I really say what's on my mind. And, well I probably shouldn't. Other times, like if I'm being reprimanded by a superior or something, I bite my tongue or think of things to say after the fact. Truly, there are times, where I KNOW better than to say what I'm thinking. Of course, there are other times where I should have KNOWN.

Today, I have no apology for what I said. My co-worker/lunch buddy and I were in line waiting to get lunch. I really enjoy going out to lunch - something about getting out of the office and getting some exercise, fresh air, fresh food...it really does the mind and body wonders. Anyway, I'm digressing...so we were standing in line in one of my other new favorites spots. To explain the line went off to the side, not straight back as you place your order in front of a woman at a cash register. As you wait in line, to your right is a partial wall that you can't see behind that offers the menu so that when you approach the counter you can order. Now that you have the picture :) ...we were standing there and me in my usual way was candidly carrying on and we were chatting. My co-worker was first in line to order and we had been there for what seemed like a few minutes. (I'm sure you have played that "game" where you try to determine when it's been two minutes - and of course 10 seconds seems like 2 minutes...digressing again) Anyway, so we continue chatting waiting for the woman at the register to finish helping her co-workers assemble and get the orders before taking ours. When what happens you ask...

The woman behind me says, "Are you going to order or what?" Oh yeah, those of you that know me, the blood started to boil and well anyway...I responded with "Absolutely. When she is ready to take our order that's exactly what we plan to do." Well that shut HER up. Patience and respect people...get some. While this woman was clearly by herself and got her order to go, it didn't mean that we were clearly holding up the line. Bottomline though, as a fellow woman, she should have KNOWN better than to think that I, another woman can't MULTI-TASK! ;) Because truly, standing in line, talking and waiting patiently for my turn to order - is routine in MY WORLD.

No comments: