Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lack of Sleep/Lack of Time

So insomnia seems to run in my family. I have found the gene, or better yet it has found me. When I manage to go to bed, I usually lie awake with my mind racing. Thinking of all the things that I did, need to do, should do, want to do, don't want to do...of course that's just in the first two minutes of trying to sleep! It doesn't help that there never seems to be enough time in the day.

As I sit here typing, I think of what I should be doing. I should be watching the movie that needs to be returned to Blockbuster tomorrow by noon. Have you heard the latest rules of Blockbuster? Yep, another thing in this world that I just don't get and I even asked for clarification! So Blockbuster in my town has done away with the two and seven day rentals and they are all three day rentals. Which if you ask me is all nonsense anyway since they advertise that they don't have late fees. So the CSR tells me that the no return date/no late fees was being abused because we as viewers could so they have raised prices to $4.99 per movie and they are due back in three days. Hmmm....so at what point do I own the movie? I wonder if I can get them at the discounted sale rate, since some used DVD's are selling for $1.99...yeah, probably not. Then the CSR says the rules shouldn't really affect me anyway since I have Blockbuster online....hmmm, aren't rules made to be broken? Ok, yeah, seriously, not by me. I guess the hike in prices again validates why I do Blockbuster online, although with their recent price increases since I joined, apparently aimed solely (ok, really life isn't ALL about ME) at me since I was their #1 renter. I had the 3 DVD's with unlimited in store returns and I had the 40% or something unearthly increase. So I dropped the unlimited and have restricted my movie viewing. Besides, it was probably better for my health anyway since watching more than 30 movies on average per month can't be good! :) Anyway, I did have a point and that was, I don't think I'm going to watch that movie afterall.

No comments: