Sunday, March 30, 2008

Passwords & Bills

I'm so tired of passwords. Passwords to protect passwords which may protect passwords of what? What is up with all the rules for passwords? I swear they are created to make the common person go insane! Dude, I got issues.

It's pretty sad when I have to reference my password sheet to remember my password. Seriously, how secure is that when I have that in the open? Ok, so maybe not in the open, but somewhere close to reference. I actually have a spreadsheet of all my passwords. Although I haven't quite decided what will happen when I can't access the spreadsheet because I forgot the password to login to my computer or to access the spreadsheet.

Quickly looking at my spreadsheet, I have about 30 different passwords listed. I know that this isn't all the passwords that I use. Of course every single password seems to be different as the "new technology" seems to be creating more bizarre rules of creating passwords in the first place. Not to mention all the security questions - do you really think my answer will be the same today as it was yesterday? I'm a woman for Pete's sakes!

I just went to pay a few bills online. If I didn't reference my password sheet, I seriously could have been at it all night! None of them had the same login or password. I have tried to mainstream them, to no avail. Oh yeah, the latest login I did for my cell phone - I misspelled my login and now I have to create another account because customer service says it can't be changed. SUPER. Nothing like the passwords that have to have a certain amount of characters including numbers, symbols and a capital letter. Then there are the ones that are too short or too long. It's enough to make one go MAD!

No comments: