Saturday, March 29, 2008

Temptation

Why is it that when someone says "NO" it seems like that is when we really want it? Refraining from something on an every day basis might be easy until we are told we can't. What is it about human nature that causes this?

My son had to fast last night for some blood work this morning. I fasted along with him. He definitely eats more frequently than I do, so this was a struggle for him, especially this morning. He thought he was going to die without breakfast this morning and at 7:15a.m. this morning he was already having difficulty settling his rumbling stomach. Fortunately he knew, and to my benefit, he had to wait the 12 hours until 8a.m. and I could hibernate in bed a little more.

Definitely there are times that he/we can refrain from food or water or something else longer, but that minute we are not given that option at our own accord, how difficult the feat.

No comments: