Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Magic Mirror

My first issue of the morning....is the Magic Mirror. Do you have one? I SWEAR that I do! The mirror that completely lies to you. The one that you do your hair and makeup (hoping to not look like a 3rd grader applied it!) in, brush your teeth and with one last look...you nod in satisfaction because afterall it just MIGHT be an OK day. The hair seems in place, the bags under the eyes seem empty and well...satisfaction.

UNTIL...I don't exactly know how or when it happens. It may happen in the whirlwind mayhem of flying through the house doing the last ten things in 59 seconds and racing to the car in the wind/sleet/snow to drop my son of to school and then rush to sit in traffic for the 1.5+ commute. But...IT DOES HAPPEN. Something or someone silently attacks. Seriously...by the time I muster up the courage to look in the mirror at work (which sometimes may not be for many hours) and strictly by default as someone had the idea of putting one behind the sink, I look TERRIBLE. The waterproof mascara seems to have ended up on the bags, the eyes are now bloodshot and the hair, oh my the hair! The hair has become attack of the friz monster - all awry and full of static. Usually five sizes thicker/messier and obnoxious then when I walked out of the bathroom in the morning.

Oh Magic Mirror...WHY, WHY, WHY???? (Wow, that just made me sing that song in my head...yep it truly is going to be one of THOSE days!)

No comments: