Saturday, March 29, 2008

Scale

I've managed to go my entire life having never purchased a scale. Not that this is a huge accomplishment or anything, but I am clearly anti-scale. I do occasionally step on a scale, always disgruntled and disgusted afterward. There is a scale hidden in the women's locker room of the employee bathroom and about every few weeks or so, I would weigh myself. Then, I stopped working in that office regularly. Maybe it was the constant horrific reminder of an ever looming number that would psychologically keep my numbers similar. Hard to say.

Today I took the plunge. The plunge into the dark abyss and I feel as if I will never climb free. Of course my son was the one super thrilled about the new purchase of a health-o-meter scale. I wish it could make me healthy and I could will it to show some magic beautiful number. My real purpose of buying the scale besides it seemed like a good deal - was the thought that I could go over my 50# weight limit for my upcoming trip. And the idea that I wouldn't be able to procrastinate until the very last minute to pack as I would have to either guess or weigh it at work or on a friend's scale, none of the options which seemed very feasible or realistic.

Maybe my new found realism "friend" will kick my !@# into shape by showing me beautiful black numbers in the blue screen which make me want to vomit and force me to make lifestyle changes. Or maybe it will make me want to try the shot put with my new found friend to see how many pieces I can bust it into when it continues to refuse to show me what I want to see! Ah plan B, I can see it now.

No comments: