Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vacation

Everyone seems to be going on vacation. It is Spring Break, everywhere! Many people in my office are taking vacations, even though they don't have children. It's just that time of year. Then of course there are the others left behind that ask and inquire of all the fortunate soon to be travelers. Since Friday's most people aren't in the office, most were bidding me happy travels as I won't see them again for a few weeks.

The general theme of comments...sack me a rich guy. Yeah, nice. Seriously, the last thing I need is a guy - and definitely one that can ruin, er I mean affect my vacation! I don't know how many times I heard comments about a man...maybe that really means that I just need to get some action to help my disposition. Nothing a vacation can't cure. Others want to see pictures immediately! NOT. I'm not about to spend my vacation sitting in front of a computer uploading pictures rather than experiencing it!

Did I mention that I went to a psychic that told me I would have a good vacation? She saw Pakistan for some reason. Since I'm not traveling to Pakistan, she said that maybe I would be meeting some Pakistanis. She also told me that I should bring a rain coat. So the joke today at the office, with all of the find a man comments - were that with my luck I might end up finding a suicide bomber that my rain coat will protect me from shrapnel. Ok, so not a good joke, right? ;)

My co-worker wants dibs on someone, I told her she could have first dibs of anyone I meet that may be single! I have a friend that wants me to bring back chocolate from every country. I told her that was funny! If it isn't melted somehow, I will have eaten before I return! She then suggested shot glasses. I'm trying to figure out what kind of memento I should collect from each country and I'm not coming up with much. I've always been a fan of money - so I will likely keep currency from every country but thought maybe something else in addition to the pictures, so open to ideas.

Days are dwindling down. Of course I haven't had the opportunity to break in my zcoil shoes. But at this point I'm wondering if I'll have frozen toes if I were to wear them anyway! Good thing I'm bringing boots - although shoes may be one of my purchases if my shoe planning is a flop! In the mail today I received a flyer that the zcoil store is having a HUGE sale - savings of up to $80, which is just my luck! Oh well.

No comments: