Saturday, March 22, 2008

Raw Toungue Punishment

Every other Friday night I have a free-standing date with my girlfriend. Last night was no exception! Typically we go to a late show - since she goes to bed much earlier than I do during the week and by Friday night she's pretty well spent, or so I thought! I've never been a big theater fan, but I love going out with her, even when there isn't anything that I really want or need to see. This was actually the first week that there wasn't much to choose from. But after 3.5 hours in the car, regardless sitting on my butt, I wasn't going to miss the opportunity of hanging out with her! :)

We actually went to an earlier movie than usual - which gave me about 30 minutes from the time I walked in the door. This didn't leave me any time to think about grabbing something for dinner. Besides, the animal crackers and 32 oz. crystal light on the drive home suffices, right? I decided to splurge and went with the large back of popcorn/dinner during the show.

I should have known better! I didn't even add additional salt and the medium bag is plenty. But, I'm part of "The Clean Plate Club", so every last kernel I ate. And paying for it today I am. My tongue is raw. There is nothing I have been able to do to calm it down. Maybe I should drink a couple of gallons of water - maybe it's just dehydrated, yeah, that's it...NOT.

Why is it some of the best things in life have a price the next day? :)

No comments: