Sunday, March 30, 2008

Packing Dilemma

I'm really beginning to make headway on my packing. REALLY, I AM. I think I have packed enough inappropriate clothing for the entire summer! I'm really hoping that the weather cooperates, otherwise, I don't think my long hooded, sleeveless sweater and new striped umbrella are going to cut it. Good thing for my flower pot hat though! There may be hope yet!

I figure though, seeing that the winter has been so brutally cold, 50 degrees will seem like Spring/Summer, right? Besides, if I'm going to feasibly spend at least 1/3 of my trip, if not more, in some sort of mode of transportation, then I should be in comfortable traveling attire. Which to my benefit, is far lighter than outdoor winter/spring attire. Well, that's my story anyway.

Sometimes, ok more than sometimes, I can be really anal. I weighed (with that new scale) two prospective suitcases to see which one I wanted to take. I went with the one that was slightly larger as they weighed the exact same. I then measured the suitcase, like four times - you know they grow when under observation! I think it means the guidelines. Yes, it's true I'm not 100% sure. If I jam pack it, then it may not. JA suggested I put the smaller suitcase in the trunk "just in case" I have to repack. Wow, 'cause packing the first time was so much fun. But great idea since whatelse do I do in the 3+ hours before my international flight? ;) Then there is my handbag. It looks smaller than the picture - but so does that quart-size bag for liquids in the carry on! The measurement of that bag is about 1" wider and higher. It's been a while since I flew, but before if you could cram it under the seat, it was good. Here's hoping it will work!

I'm really not completely stressed out about the whole packing or leaving thing...yet. I think I have all the bills paid - even just freaked out about the mortgage and went to pay it...again! Love that! The mail is stopped. My son now has an email account for communication from me and my family - here's hoping he can access it! I'm getting ready to scan all of my documents for copies and to email them - just in case. Somehow it always seems like planning, prep and cleanup take a lot longer than the actual trip/event. But the memories of the trip will far surpass!

No comments: