Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Travel Vouchers

It's official...I have issues. Apparently after 3 months of bi-weekly travel vouchers, .5 month of weekly vouchers and 10 plus years of intermittent travel vouchers... I have no idea how to complete one! After two attempts and a 5 minute phone call - I was able to learn that checking into a hotel at 2:48a.m. and checking out the same morning means that I DID NOT stay at the hotel. Wow, I officially entered the twilight zone during that conversation - because while my memory occasionally fails me I'm pretty sure I recall being there. Trying to explain to the woman that life happens and while I had all intentions of getting to the hotel at a NORMAL hour - sometime the evening before - it just didn't happen. Apparently, she must go to bed at 8p.m. The conversation ended with her explaining whatelse I had completed incorrectly (don't you think that I should have learned this 10.5 years ago?) and that she needed to discuss my hotel stay with her Supervisor.

Bottomline, had I not gone to the hotel, I would have been charged regardless and then not be reimbursed as I wouldn't have had a receipt and then I truly wasn't there. Something about here, people accuse of things that just don't happen. Maybe that has something to do with being in a political city.

A few weeks ago, the parking structure decided that someone needed to stand up at the exit to say which lane to drive through for cash or credit. I went to the credit line and it kept repeating..."time expired". I know the woman was elderly - but I think 4 blocks away could hear the machine belting at me repeatedly. So the woman came down to explain to me that I had illegally parked in the structure. I inquired as to..."WHAT?" She proceeded to tell me that I had parked on the 4th floor, came back to my car and moved it to another floor and then decided I was going to leave. WHAT???? Seriously, what planet was she from? The Walmart greeter appeal wasn't working on me, not that day.

For one, NEVER accuse me of something I didn't do. Likewise DON'T tell me what you THINK I did, because well you are probably wrong. Ask and I will offer and explain. Clearly if you are right, I'm one to acknowledge, but BS...I just don't accept well. So the lady went on to tell me of course what I must have done when I questioned again. So I calmly said, if you look at the ticket I came in at 9:34 and parked on the first floor as it was clearly after 9:30a.m. So she finally got on her walkie talkie and learned that the credit card machine was down. Hmm...always seems like a good idea to check the facts before accusing.

No comments: