Thursday, March 27, 2008

Overwhelmed

I'm beginning to think that I'm just overwhelmed. There's no other way to put it. I just walked by my spare/guest bedroom and looked at all the crap...I mean stuff that's piled all over the bed and couch (settee - whatever) and wow - I have a LONG way to go before I can say that I'm packed.

I'm clearly running out of time. I feel like there are too many things to get done and I'm trying to prioritize, but somehow I feel as though I'm failing. I have put the packing on the back burner and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with my son.

I mentioned that he had a mini-meltdown on Easter, well he's had another one tonight. I'm really starting to worry. Best case scenario is that he's really just getting nervous about my trip and is really going to miss me. Of course, this is what I WANT to think too ;) Ok, seriously though, it is what I hope for as it is easily addressed/resolved upon my return. He doesn't like the idea that he won't be able to call "if" he wanted to call me and he has no idea what his plans are for Spring Break and where he may be for me to call him. He was disappointed that I will miss his final day of swim lessons where the parents are invited to attend. He knows that I will be having parent teacher conferences with his G/T teacher via email. I'm doing what I can do, but minimizing all the extra stuff that I can.

As it is the last night before I leave I have one parent teacher conference, and baseball practice. I changed my son's pulmonary function test that they conveniently (not) scheduled for mid-day on Monday to after Spring Break and then bypassed the other conference. I figure my son and I need as much time together as possible that night. I'm also planning on trying to make his swim lesson the day before too so that he knows that I was there.

Sometimes, it's just so tough being the mom, the friend, the doer, the pleaser, the consoler, the praiser, the EVERYTHING.

No comments: