Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lost & Found Phone

What a crazy morning! Besides losing my mind lately - I've had some difficult times keeping track of my cell phone (a.k.a. main means of communication/life). The last two times, in three days, that I have "misplaced" it, I managed to put it in my overnight bag. Don't ask why, since if I knew then it wouldn't have been "misplaced". ;) Today that wasn't the case.

I knew pretty quickly that I didn't have my phone - probably quicker than I would notice if my zipper was down or I had on two different shoes, so I noticed within 1.5 hours. I should have probably realized sooner since almost 95% of the time I talk to my girlfriend in the morning during my drive to work. Today I didn't, but today was going to be a better/different day! Or so I thought.

After grabbing all of my things from the hotel room, I went to breakfast. I happened to drop my bag (aka purse) over under the table and I picked it up. Then after eating I took my things and left the hotel. I left earlier than normal which later seemed like not such a good idea since I was too early to park on the first level of the parking structure. So much for the early bird gets the worm! So up to the 4th level I went...which came in real handy since I went back to the structure, not once but twice to search the car and lot again!

However, before doing so I called the hotel and asked if anyone had found it. I asked if someone could look around the exact table I sat at - not there. But they would let me know. I then checked the car the first time. I decided it had to be at the hotel - oh yeah, weird thing is the cell went right to voicemail when I called - three times! So I figured my luck I dropped it and the battery came off (knowing from many experiences with this before of course!). I called Sprint and had them suspend the phone. Four calls to Sprint CSR's later and local stores I wasn't making much headway on a replacement phone - yes, I KNOW I don't have the insurance! I just NEED a phone and one that the existing phone book can transfer too! I called the hotel back - yes I can really be annoying - and asked if they could check out in the parking lot and gave the exact parking spot I parked in - not there either.

At lunchtime a co-worker and I went back to the search my car again. Nothing. We searched for the structure office or an employee...none. I had even asked security and building management of the office I work - nothing. When I came back from lunch - there was an email from the front desk of the hotel that they FOUND MY PHONE! Hooray - life can go back to normal. I emailed and called the CSR back at the hotel as she said my contact numbers weren't working. Odd...unless of course she was trying to call my cell about my cell! She verified the number was my home number and she said it didn't work and their was no machine/message - great, what will or won't be at my house when I return??? Where was my phone you ask? I asked and it was at the "Gatehouse". What???? I thought that was something by a pool - WRONG. Apparently it was right where I said, under the table by the "toaster" and they didn't look well the first time. Regardless....HAPPY DAY! So I called to reactivate my phone - hoping this wouldn't be like a week delay or anything and I can't activate it until I have it. So hopefully I will have it back late this afternoon.

Afterall, I'm sure I will need it so that my son can receive his BIRTHDAY WISHES this beautiful first day of Spring :)

No comments: