Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Time Passes So Quickly

It's amazing that it is almost May. When I actually think about it, it seems like it was just Christmas. But, I can't figure out if it was just before, after or during Christmas. Either way, it doesn't seem that long ago and yet, it really does, if I think long and hard about it. Why is time like that? Why does each day occasionally drag on and on and on and yet weeks seem to fly by?

I know that I'm still waiting for Spring and with the temperature falling below freezing, I'll be lucky to not wake up tomorrow to frost and/or worse yet snow on the ground in the morning. In actuality though, it IS Spring, whether Mother Nature wants to believe it or not.

Today is just one of those weird, strange, odd days. One that doesn't help to put time in it's place. A day of random calls and random thoughts. Well, maybe that is really my norm, but for a moment maybe I'll think it's not.

I learned via an email to my son that my dad and his wife are coming into town. I learned from my mom that because of this, my brother and his family are coming into town. Why am I always the last one to know? Good thing my schedule seems to be the most flexible! Hopefully, this won't be the last time that the four grandparents on my side of the family are all together. It seems so strange, in recollection, when I was 8, I lost three grandparents. They seemed so old to me, so distant. My great-grandmother was my favorite, maybe because I have the fondest memories. My son is 11. My parents don't seem that old. I wonder if they seem that old to my son. I hope for all our sakes, this isn't the last time all four grandparents will be together.

I've been single now for almost four months. It's been a good four months. I've started traveling and met some wonderful people. Letting go can be so difficult. I can't really put a timeframe on how long it really seems either, some days it seems like years ago and others, not so much.

Time, where does it really go? Sometimes I wonder if I just waste it away...

No comments: