Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm home and ALMOST settled

I've been home now for just over 1.5 hours. It's really nice to be home. I've managed to change into clean and comfy clothes, have my second load of laundry in the wash and have just managed to get through four email accounts (work one is the only one left to go) and the mail. Sigh...

It really is nice to be home. Did I mention that already? I managed to zap (not only once ~ but twice!) my cell phone last night. When I got into the hotel room I plugged in my cell and took off my sweater vest. The static electricity zapped twice and well, can you guess? I short circuited my cell phone that I can no longer see the display or access anything in my phone...sigh, me and MY ISSUES. I took apart the phone, hoped for the best and after hours reassembled to no avail. The phone still works, as long as I dial out correctly or know the last four digits or speed dial number. I did think hard about writing down all the numbers in my cell when I had the misfortune short-term loss of phone before vacation, but didn't find the time. Sprint is sending me a "new refurbished phone" at no charge since the repair store is over 1 hour away and as an inconvenience they are waving all expenses. So I should get the new phone in 2-3 days and hopefully the local can transfer everything. If not, back to square one with putting in phone numbers. I'm sure people may be calling me if they haven't heard from me in a while to see if I survived the trip!

It truly is nice being at home. The house was under control and first walk through, all my plants seem to be doing OK despite not being watered for 2 weeks and the house remaining at 64 degrees. The mail was manageable and only a few bills that need to be paid. All in all, I don't think I was missed much :)

No comments: