Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Friday

Today was just a miscellaneous day of sorts, but so happy it's finally FRIDAY! I went into the local office and was completely overwhelmed by the mismatched stacks of paperwork and reports covering every open inch of space on my desk. I clearly feel that my desk is the outlet for allowing my boss' desk to be clean! 3.5 hours clearly wasn't enough time to get anything done, so I managed to spend the first few hours catching up with all my co-workers that I rarely see and fill people in on my Europe vacation. Of course people were floored to hear about my experiences with Betty and her accusations of my popularity! I was filled in on the latest of co-workers with unexplained 4-week medical leaves, to unknown grievances, to overbearing new workers, updates on ex-co-workers, etc. The important stuff ;)

I received an email from the lead worker/my direct supervisor at my reassignment job. She sent it out to all of us informing us of our main duties which do not and should not include talking or surfing the net outside of breaks and lunch. Easier said then done since she isn't willing to provide enough work to even fill an hour let alone a full day! So of course me and my big mouth (or in this case my fingers) couldn't help but respond to her and copy her boss about our expectations and that I have repeatedly requested additional work to no avail. To her benefit she did respond with some positive praises of my work and work ethics, despite the fact she never even acknowledged me upon my return from vacation! Apparently I will have some "new role" in major testing as a lead tester in the next few weeks, I'll believe it when it happens. I think she feels threatened by my "A personality" and my need to work efficiently and effectively.

My son's pulmonary function test went well. We spent the better part of an hour with a high energy tester that almost made me want to vomit. She was full of praises and commendations of a job well done to my son that he could follow directions. Better than most adults, apparently. And kudos for me for doing a decent job parenting, seriously she said. To credit what should be the norm is almost a joke. We won't get the results for a few weeks as there isn't a doctor that can read them at the site where we tested. Odd, but whatever. Apparently the test data has to be read at another hospital and then sent back to the hospital we were at. Efficiency at it's best.

After a fabulous lunch and a delicious strawberry yogurt shake, we came home to hang out. I challenged my son to different basketball competitions with monetary incentives and double or nothing bets. It was entertaining to say the least, but as always his deficits were my fault due to making him laugh. We worked on a new pitching technique for baseball, so will see how this works tomorrow for his scrimmage. Better late than never. Then I went inside to read a bit since it was so warm outside, mid-70's. Maybe summer is right around the corner. My son came in to tell me "someone is in the garage".

Mind you, our garage is a single car garage. Even without the car in it, it's pretty small. My car was parked in the garage, so the thought of someone being in it was bizarre to imagine. For some reason my son had taken off his glasses, purely why he probably thought someone was in it, since he can't see! I go out there and join him in looking into the garage and under the car to no avail. I push the garage door opener and then stop it quickly. Up on a shelf is a squirrel glaring at me. (Christy - you know how much I HATE squirrels!) Needless to say this freaked us both out since this "flying rat" was now trapped and scared and the immediate thought of it jumping out of the garage and latching onto my face like some crazy horror flick was running rampant in my mind. Seriously, I have issues. So we back away from the garage and hope it comes out, which it doesn't. I then go into the house to get the garage door opener. When I return the squirrel has moved. My son looks in and screams when he sees it's above his head. Mind you we love to throw things at the squirrels in the back yard, never hitting one, but the squirrel in the house and the squirrel in the garage are too much for me! I close the garage door a little more. The squirrel panics and tries to run down the hanging yard tools realizing they aren't stable enough. Finally it runs out of the garage as we both try to run out of it's way! I'm sure it would have been comical to see us vs. squirrel, 2 points squirrel - 0 us. Maybe next time we'll prevail.

My son's dad comes to get him and then my girlfriend and I meet to walk. We walk 5.0 miles around the neighborhood on the 1-mile walking trails. It's so nice to get out and chat with my girlfriend then sit inside and be lazy, like I feel I have been lately. Then I showed her the video of the pictures, despite her seeing the 100 or so posted on myspace. Unfortunately even though it was the third disk I burned, pictures were still out of order. Nothing like going from Holland to Italy to Germany to Holland to London! So I just went and undid all of the naming of the pictures and burned yet another CD. I think this one finally worked!

Weekend should be relatively uneventful. I need to catch up on some cleaning and unpacking, putting away laundry and getting the house in order. I have a few friends coming over for cards and games Saturday night, not that they care about the condition of my house ~ but I do! During the day it will be cleaning, watching my son's baseball scrimmage, exercising, catching up on my three Blockbuster movies and tapes of missed shows. Yeah, I'm sure I can get it all done tomorrow, or not!

No comments: