Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sanity & Routine

I'm really hoping that my sanity comes back with my normal routine. Yesterday I managed to get a block away from my son's game, and I checked the schedule to see if he was home or away. Yep, I completely had the wrong time. Fortunately, I would have been an 1.5 early, not late! I never turned the page of my weekly planner. Ooops, at least my son was dressed and ready when his dad picked him up from the after school program!

My sleep schedule has been completely out of wack. I feel like I could fall asleep at the wheel some days driving home. I seriously crank up the radio or try to make phone calls to keep me awake. I think I have taken more naps since I've been home from Europe than I have in a very long time and yet I'm still tired.

I finally managed to exercise tonight. I made time to get in 10 miles on the stationary bike - and I didn't even fall off! - and a few games of spades. I really think that me getting out of my exercise routine has a lot to do with it ~ at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

And if that isn't the story, I may seriously lock myself in my bedroom and sleep an entire weekend and hope that maybe my common sense and sanity return!

No comments: