Monday, April 14, 2008

Low Batteries...

Low batteries, the story of my life the last two weeks. I wasn't sure how many batteries I would need for the vacation. I had four rechargeable batteries, and for some DUMB reason, I thought that would be sufficient. And, if not, then hopefully someone on the trip had a converter charger and I could recharge. I think I spent most of the vacation taking pictures while seeing the "low battery" sign on my camera. I managed to take pictures most of the time, by making sure I turned off the camera and then when I turned it back on I was ok. Unfortunately, I forgot the directions in the tour book that converting in Italy was different.

Fortunately I managed to borrow converts from two couples that I was able to use parts of both to make it work. However, I thought I was charging the batteries while we were out. BUT, key element is I forgot that when we went out we took the key card, which was in the electricity key to provide electricity to charge the batteries! I was only able to get about a 6 hour charge on them - which I managed to get another day or so out of them. I did try to use regular batteries and those were low within two hours!

All that aside, I thought that was in the past. I had uploaded the pictures and was just going to start going through them and saving them in the file when it failed. Yep, failed over and over again. WHAT? Needless to say that when it uploaded them, some are out of order. Love that, since all my pictures seem to be of buildings and streets, they could be from ANYWHERE! sigh...but what was the problem? Batteries are dead and the camera shut off. So now, I have them recharging and will attempt to upload them again in a while so that I can start cutting and cropping and reorganizing them. I sure hope that I can get to them before my next vacation - the one I haven't planned yet!

No comments: