Sunday, April 13, 2008

Almost Home

It's Sunday night and at home, it would be 10:45p.m. The thing is, I'm not at home. Not yet at least although I should have been.

Seeing that my son's father decided to change his mind about switching nights tomorrow, there wasn't a pressing need for me to come home. The opportunity came up for me to give up my seat in O'hare for a free hotel, meals, first class for tomorrow's 50-minute flight (YAHOO) AND a free round-trip ticket anywhere in the 48 continental US. How could I pass up that? The idea of rushing home to an empty house, unpacking, checking messages, emailing, etc. OR have a head start on my next trip and do all that tomorrow night. The decision really wasn't that hard!

I have almost 1000 pictures to sort through and much to blog about. All in all, the trip was fantastic. I met some absolutely wonderful people! I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. Of course there were my ISSUES and DRAMA, to be blogged about later.

I have to say, that it is good to be back in the US.

No comments: