Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Out of the Woodwork

It always seems like there are times, when men just come out of the woodwork. I know the saying goes, when you are happy with yourself is when it's time to meet someone else. Of course, that isn't exactly how the saying goes, I'm paraphrasing. This always seems to happen to me, when I'm content with being single, out of nowhere crazy things happen.

Maybe I subliminally am looking for something, maybe I'm not. I have this male friend that I got back in touch with from high school 1.5 years ago. Not that we were friends or anything in high school, and initially he really creeped me out. For the most part, I'm pretty uncreepable, but I've had my share of creeps. Maybe because of being acquaintances, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe because I wanted to connect to the past or maybe I wanted to show him his ways before he creeped out others. Whichever way, I still keep in touch with him on occasion. Everytime I do though, he goes into this barrage of questions as to why I'm still single and why I would be a good catch and he fixates on everything. Usually I can cut him off by threatening to hang up on him, but sometimes, I just want to have a normal conversation!

I happened to say one of my oldest friends online yesterday and said hi. I don't see him very often anymore and I miss him. I always try to connect with him when we can both be in town, but as time goes by, it seems to be harder and harder as we drifter farther and farther into our own worlds. I told him about my trip and he said he was sure I wasn't lacking options of someone going with me. Just made me wonder what he really meant.

This morning I received a call from a guy that I dated. This wasn't too strange, since we usually talk a few times a month or so and try and catch up on each others worlds. While at times they are very different, I always laugh with him once I completed figured out what to get out of the relationship.

This evening I received an email from another guy that I dated a few months. Seriously, I don't date much, so this is truly a bizarre day! He just decided out of the blue to see how I was doing. Odd, so very odd.

Then tonight I received some picture mail from a guy I met a few months ago with my girlfriend. I've only met him once and we had a good time, but I figured that was it. In my book, he's way too young. I think I've only ever dated someone younger than me...once. Maybe the older we get, age doesn't seem to matter. Maybe it does. I use to wonder why my marriage was so wrong - and tried to determine the obvious differences: age, gender, upbringing, education...to date, I don't have an answer. I couldn't fix it and I couldn't figure it out. Somethings just are. Anyway, so I talked to this guy on the phone tonight. I have no idea what we have in common or if we will ever meet again, and I think I'm ok with that too. Sometimes it's just nice to pick up the phone and chat with a familiar voice on the other end, someone different that doesn't really know the ins and outs of you, an unbiased person. At least that's how it is in my book, who knows what he is thinking!

A very strange 24 hours indeed. Is there a full moon?

No comments: