Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Progress then...Photo Issues

Today was actually a very good day. Something about the warmer weather and the sun shining. My lunch buddy and I walked to a new Thai restaurant today - wasn't the best walk in dress socks and heeled boots, given the almost 1 mile hike each way and my feet made sure I knew it. Walked with JA after I got home. Was great to get in another 4.5 miles, enjoy the company, the weather and some exercise.

My refurbished phone was waiting on my steps for me when I arrived home today! After walking I swung by the Sprint store and they were able to activate my phone and transfer my entire phone book, whew! Then I went by Best Buy and asked for some assistance in purchasing CD's to put my vacation photos on. Seriously, I am beyond technology challenged. Although I can't say that the CSR assured me much when she had to read the back of the package to answer my questions.

I went into my local office and dropped off my time sheet. My desk is trashed with work - there is no way that I will even remotely touch anything when I'm there Friday morning. I've boycotted OT this week as I just need some R&R and catch up time outside of work.

I came home rather then meeting up with a friend for some much wanted Chinese food. I've spent the last known, too many hours, getting through all my photos - cropping, saving, sorting, deleting, etc. I'm exhausted. So I put in the CD to copy the disk. Simple enough, right? Yeah, right. I then put the disk in my portable dvd player invalid disk. So I copied another. THEN I realized I put the disks (yes, both) in upside down! So I flipped them over and copied them again. Still...nothing. I have no clue. I then decided I would just order photos and maybe a disk from a website and chose shutterfly. It gives me the option of putting something on the back of the pictures - great idea but I just want it done. So I skip that step - although since I just organized the pictures on my computer - they didn't copy in the same order. WHY? Man, I hate this stuff!

I so need to call the Geek Squad. I'm afraid to close out my picture document and settings that it will shuffle the order of the pictures, again. At least they all seem to look OK. Why does this have to be so difficult? For once, can't I not have ISSUES?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need computer help, you should call a local computer shop. Like me, I'm sure they be elated that you called them instead of Geek Squad. But definitely call around and make sure you find someone who seems trustworthy.