Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Recap

Why does the weekend always seem so long ago? In a nutshell the weekend went well. After a VERY long day at work Friday, went out and saw Baby Mama. Laughed so hard, I was almost in tears.

Received a call from my childhood next door neighbor out of the blue Friday night. It's amazing the stories people remember!

Saturday I was up at 7a.m. getting ready to head across the state to surprise my girlfriend for her baby shower. Her mom wanted me to keep it a secret. That was very difficult, especially with my friends posting things on Myspace about their weekend plans which included me! Fortunately I only talked with LL twice since I rsvp'd and I didn't even have to lie since we never got around to discussing the shower or weekend plans! She is 7.5 months pregnant and oh so cute!

Eye Doc was planning on coming up Saturday afternoon but unfortunately wasn't feeling well and had to cancel. A friend and I met up for dinner and then headed to a bonfire. The weather had cleared enough to allow it to continue. It was rather an odd night, mainly of hanging out with high school acquaintances, so it was somewhat strange for me. I'm not big on making small talk or reminiscing with people if I have no interest in maintaining or pursuing a further relationship. TS and I left after she had heard enough BS from her "friends" about her drinking and intent on driving. I followed TS back to my parents house and we had some good girl talk until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer at 4:30a.m.

AH called in the morning to make sure that TS and I made it somewhere safely. TS woke and left at 1:00p.m. to get ready for our routine Sunday pool outing. I'm such a creature by habit, especially if I find something enjoyable. My every other Friday night movie date, my every other Sunday pool event. MK met TS and I up at pool and the three of us hung out until MK had to go home to greet her son.

I didn't bother to call pool boy on Sunday to see if he was coming up to play. I had talked with him on Saturday, so he knew I was in town but left it at that. Obviously, he has my number too. One of the other guys that TS and I had played pool with two weeks ago was there by himself. Apparently he talked with TS and said his friend was coming to play in about an hour and they wanted to rematch again - even though we had played "Scotch Doubles". Even though I had had it and was ready to drive the 40 minutes to check into the hotel, we stayed and waited.

I seriously don't get men. Nope, not at all. The "friend", MS couldn't remember my name but he did remember my shoes as well as pool boy. It's so interesting what people remember. Clearly MS had to tell me that he was better than pool boy and I'm assuming he wasn't just referring to pool. Needless to say, MS gave me his number which I told him I wouldn't use. Seriously, if I have to do the chasing, yeah, won't happen. Although I did give him my number by putting it in his phone. Since MS still was having difficulty with my name, he decided he was better with numbers and called me 7. He also has a 7 year old daughter and the next time I plan on being on that side of the state will be on the 7th. Hmmm...maybe if they were 6's I'd really be concerned. I listed my name in his phone book as "Seven". He wasn't that amused :) I did call him too so that he knew what I listed myself as, even though he was still sitting right next to me. Surprisingly, I was actually impressed as he was talking to TS he ignored the phone call, didn't even bother to look at his phone until the conversation was done. I was actually impressed since he had no idea it was me calling him. To throw me for a loop, after he got my number he went to another table to play pool with an elderly gentleman.

When TS and I were getting ready to leave, MS asked me if I wanted to get a drink. It was absolutely bizarre since he didn't have a drink the entire time he was there and it was now 11:15p.m. I seriously didn't know if he meant then or in the future. He meant then, find somewhere else to go between the pool hall and the 40 minute drive to the hotel. It was just plain weird and since I was so tired at that point, I don't think I would have made it to the hotel if I didn't leave. MS had given both TS and I hugs. He bragged about how good his hugs were - so of course I tried to say they weren't. Anything to be controversial. Seeing that this is the guy that graduated from high school in 1998, it wasn't too hard to make him feel uncomfortable around me. I really don't try, well not too hard, to intimidate people. Sometimes it becomes a game to see how uneasy a man can be around an independent, strong woman. Surprisingly, he was much more uneasy with me then pool boy. MS mentioned he had a Myspace page. Does everyone?

Today I looked him up on Myspace. I emailed him and we shared a few emails. And then, knock me to the floor - he invited me to a Tigers game on Sunday. WHAT? Guess I'm back to reading the dusty Dating for Dummies Book ;)

No comments: