Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Un-Deal

After about five hours total of surfing online airfares for the past two days, I took the plunge and booked three tickets. I can't imagine with the way gasoline prices are rising that rates or going to be any less expensive then they are now, here's hoping at least.

It never seems to fail, when I think that I am getting a good deal, I get screwed. If only I could say that I enjoy it! So the vacation package to Grenada didn't include airfare, that I was aware of. My final bid on the vacation was about $900 less than the retail price. However...apparently that was rack rates in July 2007. Since that time, they now offer a Super Inclusive rate for less than the retail value of the vacation that I purchased, which wasn't all inclusive.

I've been in contact with a wonderful person at the resort, via email. I inquired about all of my questions after receiving my vacation package. To upgrade to the inclusive meals for three of us, it will be $135 per day. Now if that was EC$, that would be great, but I'm pretty positive it is US$. Therefore, to add my son and make the package all inclusive, in addition to the package I have purchased and believed to save money, will end up costing $500 more than if I were to buy an 8 day/7 night stay at the resort online today.

What a deal! While I'm glad that I will be going, I NEVER would have gone to Grenada had it not been for the auction - I would have likely done an all inclusive with air vacation to somewhere else in the Caribbean. So I completely feel like I've been had, again.

No comments: