Thursday, May 15, 2008

Accord vs. Accord - Are you SERIOUS???

Last night I received an email from the resort in Grenada responding to their special for the time frame that we plan on going. I sent an email from another account and gave slightly different details, family of four and 8 nights at the all inclusive rates. Of course what I found is that the rate was less than what we are paying to upgrade the vacation package that I thought was a $900 savings to the all-inclusive rate. And that is for one night less and 1/4 person (aka child under 12). In addition, the resort gives an extra 7% discount if you "wire" money with a three day deposit. SUPER.

I called the auction person back last night and left him a message. He just called me back and spoke to me like I was completely uneducated and incompetent. He doesn't see anything wrong with the package they sold. Basically I told him, obviously it isn't your money and you don't see the principle behind it. Maybe I'm completely off base here, but hitting below my belt is taking money from me.

So he tries to explain it again. Going on to compare two Honda Accord's on a lot for sale. One base model and one super model. The super model has all the bells and whistles - duh. If I decide to go with the base model and add options to upgrade to the super model, then it isn't that the base model wasn't a deal. ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME? Obviously if the super model was available less than the base model, why would someone not go with that? He then tells me that the Super model wasn't available in January when they decided to accept the package to auction. AND that if I were to contact the resort and ask for everything I have in my package, the price would be exactly what they advertised retail at. BS. When he got done, he asked if it made sense. WHATEVER.

Obviously he is justifying what they auctioned. I guess what it boils down to is that I didn't research the package enough, despite checking out the resort website numerous times. Additionally, I should have gone with my gut and avoided the auction in the first place.

So call me STUPID. I guess what I ultimately wanted in the end was a fair deal. One of my core values is FAIRNESS. And it seems like at every twist and turn, there will NEVER be FAIRNESS. That's just one of the many things that I find hard to accept.

No comments: