Monday, May 12, 2008

Nice Gesture or Creepy?

I'm really having a hard time determining if the two pink roses I found wedged between my doors was a nice gesture or if it was creepy. I want to say that it was a nice gesture. A surprise to say the least. Maybe it would have been welcome, otherwise. But...

When I read the card, which was a "Just Because..." card, which didn't profess love, although the intent I'm sure was there, I didn't feel anything. See, a little back history, the ex-BF was notorious for giving me one or two roses, not six, not twelve. I'm sure you may be thinking that I'm a selfish person or another acronym at this point, BUT...really I'm not like that at all. I seriously didn't understand the number of flowers and maybe as a woman I shouldn't have worried about it. But, the reality was, I always felt that it was because he was too cheap to buy more. See, it started from the very first time and I couldn't correlate the number to the number of dates or months or even years. There was no correlation whatsoever.

If financial reasons were the issue, which mind you most of the relationship was, then I didn't want or need flowers. Seriously. If anything, get a plant that lives and doesn't collect dust as much as dried roses I felt compelled to keep. What I really like though are daisies or a mixed bouquet and despite my telling him, he NEVER opted for this and always went with roses.

So tonight, there were two pink long stem roses and babies breath. He drove 55 minutes to get to my house to stick them in the door.

You tell me, nice gesture or creepy? Did I mention...EX-BF (of 4.5 months)? Or maybe it was comment the day before that he's my only "current" stalker. Yeah, and I thought he was kidding.

No comments: