Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Travel Agent

After three hours of searching for flight information, I can't say that I'm any better than I started off. I've researched a variety of different websites, from round-trip flights to stop overs to two separate flights to get us to Grenada and back in August.

I have a good idea of what would work for me, I'm just not sure that it will also work out well with my son and my mother! I just started looking at possible hotel stays on the way down and back due to long layovers that may be more feasible and allow us to check out other vacation destinations.

I'm truly surprised I don't have a headache yet! Of course, I'm sure when I finally make a decision and go to book it, it either won't be available or it will be much higher. I did find the one flight with two stops for $6500 per person to be hysterical. Seriously, for that price for three, I hope that we might own a small part of the plane - maybe more than a bag of peanuts and a box meal!

Needless to say, it's probably a good thing I'm not a travel agent. For the most part, I don't mind. I was able to find a better flight to London and back then the travel agent, but it all boils down to how much is one's time and effort worth?

No comments: