Monday, May 19, 2008

Searching AA Suport Group (Anger Annonymous)

Tonight was the coveted Little League battle of the two defeated teams. One team, unless it ended in a tie, would be victorious! Which team would it be?

I completely forgot my blanket in the car and sitting on the metal bleachers keeping score and pitch counts wasn't exactly making feel warm and fuzzy. We had the lead, 2-0. Then it was 4-0. Then it was 4-2. The other coach made sure that he came over and gave all his various player changes and substitutions. He came over a third time to say that someone was injured and he put an initial player back in. All was fine, until they batted and that "injured player" was somehow miraculously up to bat. WHAT? Mind you this kid was about 5'10 and seriously 175# (although I've never been a good judge of weight) and it wasn't muscle. So the controversy ensues. I take my score keeping "job" very seriously. I call them out on it and of course the coach tries to cover up and say oh, he was injured but after sitting on the bench during the outfield he's feeling fine. Needless to say, there were two on and the score was 4-2. The other coach offers that he can take the kid out, but our couch decides to let him bat. BAD MOVE. Kid hammers one almost to the warning track. Of course he can't run so he ends up with a double and two RBI's. Throughout the remainder of the game, on two more occasions the coach decides to do illegal substitutions claiming "I forgot" to mention that, "my mistake". NICE. We have a big pow wow and the other coach has his rule book out saying that he can sub in and out whenever and wherever he wants. The commissioner finally says that they will discuss it after the game, but the kid that was never pulled out of the order has to bat. We end up losing by 2 runs.

I hate Little League. I don't understand why people can't just play fair. Why is it that unless called out on it, people will try to cheat, lie and steal at any opportunity?

Anger Anonymous...Here I come.

No comments: