Thursday, May 8, 2008

Movie Issues

I seriously wish I could rent a movie that could keep my attention more than 20 minutes. I seem to successfully be falling asleep within the first 20 minutes of most movies these days. What is up with that? Clearly, anyone with great movie suggestions, let me know!

I haven't been to fond of anything on my Blockbuster.com list. I've had three movies sitting around for almost a week, so decided maybe I should watch them. Last night, I was pretty tired and emotionally drained after finally getting the airfare taken care of for Grenada. So, I knew if something didn't captivate my attention, I was in trouble.

Seriously. What is up with movies in foreign languages that are not really publicized as such? I don't know how many times now, I have rented a movie to turn it on and realize it is not in English. I'm all for subtitles, when I want them. I rented the Orphanage. I had even picked it up in the store and NEVER noticed it was in Spanish. Obviously, staying awake reading subtitles didn't work for me. I did manage to see the beginning 30 minutes and picked it back up about 20 minutes later and then caught the end. Nice.

Then today threw in the PG-13 movie, Dirty Laundry. I couldn't tell you what this was about. I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. I don't think I slept for longer than 5-10 minutes but long enough to feel like I missed something, but didn't. Then I gave up, but my son wanted to keep watching it as I went to do something else. 50 minutes into the movie, he turned it off too, saying it was BAD. And that it had nothing to do with Dirty Laundry! Too funny!

No comments: