Monday, May 12, 2008

Bella Movie Review

I haven't really updated my Blockbuster queue in a while. Hasn't been much of a reason since I haven't been that motivated to watch the movies sitting on my coffee table. I did finally surf through the newest releases thinking it would motivate me to want to watch something. It seems strange that 27 Dresses and PS I Love You are on DVD already. It seems like I just saw them at the theater!

I managed to add 1/2 dozen or so movies to the list. Nothing that was jump out loud must see movie, but some that I thought might keep me awake more than 20 minutes. I looked at Bella, but couldn't figure out if it was in English or not, especially since it won some Toronto award. So I bypassed adding it since I've had enough involuntary subtitles for a while.

Tonight as I walked around the store, I couldn't find a movie that I wanted to rent. Pretty sad, when it's been a few weeks since I have been in the store! I came back to Bella. I read and re-read (or as my brother use to say re-re) the cover. The message seemed inspirational and it said in English Dolby, so why not.

I was awake for this entire movie. I feel emotionally exhausted. I found myself crying and I can't even explain why. Maybe it was the connection of finding yourself unwed and unexpectedly pregnant. Yeah, maybe that was it! The intensity of the family dynamics and selfless love far outweighed reading subtitles of the family conversations. I really did enjoy the movie although I have to admit that I found myself wanting to call the soccer ball "Wilson". Comon, it was the beard!

I just went and read the member reviews, and honestly am glad that I didn't read them before hand as I may have been disappointed. Overall, I did find the movie quite enjoyable. Obviously if you are looking for something fast paced or action packed, keep looking.

No comments: