Monday, May 5, 2008

FOC

I've seriously had it with FOC. They have managed to yet again !@#$ my case up! FOC put the icing on the cake Friday night. I came home to an "explanation" letter of their chronic incompetence confirming in fact a mistake equalling about 5k. I wish that was a 5k walk, a complete walk in the park. Needless to say, when I'm angry I do two things, I swear and I cry. And Friday night, I did a lot of both.

So I actually canceled my movie date with JA. Which really made me more upset as I really like hanging out with her and I wanted to see a movie. Although we were at ends as whether to see Baby Mama or Made of Honor, each willing to see the other for the other. And in the end we saw neither!

From what I can tell, FOC has decided, from many audits, that there was a/many mistakes made in child support nine years ago. I emailed an attorney acquaintance of mine to see if there was a statue of limitations on auditing, and I was deferred to another attorney. Tonight, the Supervisor of FOC called me, ruining my night tonight to say that there isn't a statue of limitations. Apparently, I can file a motion in regard to FOC's incompetence seeing that I was paid sums of money almost a decade ago that I know have to repay. Although this confuses me as I'm not aware as to who the motion would be against. I think it should be against FOC, not the other party. However, the reason I apparently now owe is due to the many audits conducted when I questioned why they again said that I owed. It seems like everytime I either ask for assistance or inquire into someone's actions, I ended up paying for it big time! So, while I would love to file a motion - I wonder if it's really worth it. Do I just bite the bullet, again? If I hire an attorney, I could end up paying more than the initial charges now. I really should go back to school to be a lawyer, for as much as I seem to have had to pay in the past, I may have paid for my tuition already!

No comments: