Thursday, May 8, 2008

Seriously, I'm getting OLD - "Friends with Benefits"

Tonight while eating our funnel cake, I was captivated by three individuals at the next picnic table. I wouldn't say that I'm a huge people watcher, but if within ear shot, I will sometimes listen (aka eavesdrop). But is it really eavesdropping if you don't have to make a concerted effort to hear?

Anyway, I was trying to guess how old the three were. I would have guessed two were maybe 15 or 16 and then a younger friend maybe 13 or 14. I asked my son how old he thought they were, thinking mom was just too old to know. He thought that they were 11-14, if that!

What caught my attention is that I overheard the younger male say, "Friends with benefits". Seriously, I am old. A 11-14 year old talking about "Friends with Benefits"? I'd like to think that their friends have different benefits than say my friends could. Yeah, wishful thinking I'm afraid.

No comments: