Sunday, June 29, 2008

Home Ownership

Today for a brief minute, I thought that it would be nice to have a man around the house. Not that there isn't much that I won't attempt to do, but to maybe have it be done right wouldn't be so bad! I know that I don't know much about cars or remodeling - but I do try.

Today for the first time this year, I decided it was time to get outside and start working on the outside of the house - spring cleaning. I mowed the lawn and if my weed wacker battery was charged I would have done that as well. So that will be for tomorrow. I didn't do the edging either. Baby steps...

What I did do...I got up on the ladder and started flinging the baby saplings and crap out of the gutters onto the ground. Probably not the best idea since it seemed to make even more work for me, cleaning up the gutters, the ladder, the ground and myself when I was done. I think I did manage to get them unblocked. I also took off all the screens on the windows and washed down the windows from the outside and sprayed down the house. Of course I went to town on the house so now I need to touch up paint...sigh. I also weeded out some of the flower beds and cut down all the dead iris stalks. All in all it was a good start, but it would have been nice to have a man there to do it for me. While I haven't dated one yet that would, it's good in theory!

Then I managed to take a big chunk of paint off my almost still newly drywalled basement wall. I didn't think about it when one of my pictures fell off the wall and had tape on the back. I had leaned it against the wall until I got around to putting it back up. I just hate when that stuff happens!

I did manage to put on the first coat of touch up paint. I even grabbed the can for the exterior paint, but seeing that it was 6p.m. and my friend was coming over at 6:30 and I had yet to shower from my outdoor work and the gym, I did refrain from the outside touch up paint. Which was a good thing since he called at 6:02p.m. and I said I would be ready at 6:30p.m. and he was in my house at 6:10p.m. Nice...oh well, I made him wait since I had until 6:30 to finish showering, dressing and drying my hair. When I looked later in the mirror, it would have been better to make him wait an extra 5 minutes to finish drying my hair and add an iron. Oh well, his fault for showing up early!

No comments: