Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gym Grumblings

I just got home from the gym. When I arrived at the gym I was greeted by a new sign that proudly displayed their new summer hours. Closing at 10p.m. M-Thursday. SUPER.

I've managed to work out every day since joining the gym, even if not always at the gym. A few nights I've gotten there after 10p.m. as this is when my son has been in bed.

I vow to myself NOT to use this as an excuse not to continue working out, but so much for my initial workout routine plan. Although the thought of getting there around 5a.m. or earlier when they open isn't sounding anymore appealing then plucking out every one of my nose hairs.

On a side note, I think that I can lose serious calories just being at the gym. Literally...the gym doesn't have air conditioning and I seem to manage to perspire profusely just being there.

Today I did some serious arm machines. They were all new to me and seeing that I don't have a clue what their weight plates weigh, I checked the weight first and then went for it. To my amazement this guy with serious upper body strength got on one of the machines after me and left everything the same. Hmmm....was I going a little too extreme or was he just a wimp.

No comments: