Monday, June 16, 2008

Insult to Injury

I have mentioned before, but I am so not a runner. I don't even jog. I hate the thought of running and jogging and the action isn't much better.

I'm still suffering from grannitis today although the overall soreness is getting better. I contemplated taking some ibuprofen or something but never quite got around to it. Had the clapper had retrieval capabilities, I would have been all over it. Another reason that a retrieving dog would come in handy. Oh well, I survived.

Tonight in order to start my son training for his triathlon I thought we would work on the biking and running portion. Everything we shouldn't do with shoes, we did. He put on a brand new pair of shoes to try out to run - yep that was torturous for him. We did the 1.5 mile bike and then he had 1.0 mile run, which he walked a lot of it complaining about his shoes. I offered that he could turn around, but he persisted. I rode the bike and timed him while he jogged. He did the 2.5 miles in 17 minutes. Much better than I had thought, considering.

After dinner we headed out to the park where I decided it would be a great idea for me to jog .5 mile. Why, I don't have a clue. I should have done a shot of tequila instead, it would have been less painful.

I so felt like my mother, jogging next to my youthful son. He was mocking me the entire time and I was laughing so hard that I almost peed my pants! Of course he confirmed that I could walk faster than I was jogging, but that wasn't the principle of the matter. He managed to waddle, kick jump, jog backwards and basically do circles around me while I prodded on, determined to finish.

I did finish the jog and had difficulty breathing for a few minutes after, but I did it nonetheless! So I did 2.5 miles on the bike, .5 mile jog and then just got back from working out at the gym. So, if I wasn't sore enough this morning, I'm sure I'll be in for it tomorrow. Although the physical pain won't be anything compared to the mockery inflicted by my 11 year old son!

No comments: