Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sunburn

My girlfriend told me the other day that I'm fair skinned. I found that mildly entertaining. I've never been fair skinned, unless you consider stark ghost white in the dead of winter along with the great majority of midwesterners. I joked with her that my fair skin went well with my blue eyes and blond hair (neither of which I have - I have dark brown hair and brown eyes).

My mom likes to joke that I can go outside and after 20 minutes I can get tan. Usually, if I get sunburned, it goes away quickly into a tan.

This so isn't the case now. Friday I didn't go outside until after 4p.m. Saturday I was outside for a few hours, total, but only about an hour or so that I spent by the pool. I got fried. I still am. I stayed out of the sun on Sunday and even doused on the suntan lotion.

Maybe I'm fairer than I thought....or maybe I should invest in suntan lotion like my sister-in-law SPF70.

No comments: