Sunday, June 29, 2008

Phone number deletion undate

Tonight a guy that I dated for a few months called to see if I wanted to grab drinks. Of course I've combated his requests for the last few months pretty well. But, figured didn't have anything better to do and wouldn't mind getting out again, for the third plus time for the weekend, so why not?

I haven't seen him in almost a year. Not much has changed for either one of us, I suppose. Maybe it's like riding a bike. While it's been a while, it's pretty easy to fall right back into the swing of things and old habits. The best thing about this guy is I can seriously be me, 110% sarcastic and he's not remotely offended and we can even laugh about it. We just have a good time. Other than that, he isn't someone that I would date again and I'm not sure why I did then. Maybe it was just one of those things, for both of us.

I did something for the first time...ever...tonight. After we left from having dinner and drinks, he stopped to get gas. He left his cell phone in the truck. I proceeded to help myself to his phone and delete my contact information. Not only did I just delete that, I went through records of missed calls and received calls to, just in case. The funny thing...

He got back in the truck while I was doing so. I tried to close the phone quickly, but I knew I was busted. He asked if I was in the middle of something, texting someone something. Nope, never texted anyone yet. Told him I was in the middle and asked if he minded if I continued, he didn't.

So I proceeded to delete every possible link to me. Not that it's hard to find me, because it isn't. I'm listed in the phone book, he knows where I live and work, it really isn't a big deal, but I found it entertaining to say the least. He laughed too.

I actually have to give the guy credit. Within less than a minute, he was calling my house number! Have to love 411!

No comments: