Monday, June 2, 2008

Cranium WOW

I love Cranium games. Almost all of them in fact. I am a proud owner of almost 20 of them, but I find it pretty difficult to get enough people that either like games or are willing to play. Some claim that I'm an instruction Nazi - but I'm all about following the rules, pretty black and white with me!

After dinner on Sunday night I was able to convince my mom, my aunt and TS to play Cranium WOW. TS and I were partners against the "mature" couple. For those of you unfamiliar with Cranium WOW it's a multi-dimensional game including true and false, multiple choice, charades, sculpting, humming/whistling, spelling - forward/backward/team spelling backward, puppeteering charades, odd selection/matching, etc. The WOW offers the wider variety of activities vs. the original cranium where it was spelling, definitions, acting, sculpting, drawing, true/false, multiple choice.

I love games, they are a wonderful form of entertainment and Sunday was no exception. Games also bring up great stories and memories. TS and I had to match one of three words relating to the 80's and it made me think of Tim McM. from elementary school and how he had four pairs of parachute pants - red, blue, yellow and black. When I mentioned his name, TS, myself and mom all in unison commented - "He was cute!" We were all laughing so hard we were crying on at least five occasions! It was just downright fun. Two examples - which I'm sure both TS and my mom wish I wouldn't mention that brought us to tears were:

1) I had to puppeteer my mother's arms and legs to act out "Lumberjack" for TS. I had put her arms together and moved them as if she were chopping/cutting wood. WELL...my mom decided to do some cutting of her own and passed gas that was so horrific I couldn't continue! She said she was sorry, but we were laughing so hysterically we couldn't go on!

And the icing on the cake:
2) I had to act out the activity (like charades) "Vibrate". Need I say more? Ok, so seriously, there were four women - 2 in their 30's and two in their 60's. I so thought TS and I had this one, easily. I couldn't have been more wrong! I proceeded to demonstrate with my hands a vibrator and then the use of it - only to get hysterical laughing and TS so embarrassed she couldn't answer. I believe two of her guesses were "Jack-off" and "Jerk off"! I even showed my hands vibrating, trembling but it was no use! I had managed to embarrass everyone at the table, although I was all into the clues and the game, and we didn't get it! So, I know what TS will be getting for Christmas from me this year!

No comments: