Friday, June 6, 2008

Facebook vs. Myspace

I'm completely confused by the whole Facebook theory. I know several people that have both Myspace and Facebook. I have a Myspace account that I created after an invite from my high school class as a place to get back in touch with people I graduated with. It's been a good resource, but I don't typically use it for searching, surfing or for free dating.

I haven't seen my brother in some time. Today, he and his family came to my mom's where I am too. A family reunion of sorts. My brother and I have been surfing online looking for his former classmates on Myspace, classmates and then Facebook.

I didn't know it, but you can't see anything on Facebook without a membership, which of course was free. Then, to make matters worse, after setting up an account we still couldn't see anyone as they aren't a "friend". How annoying is that? Why I can't I check someone out without them knowing? Then there's the whole name thing, at least on Myspace, you can remain as annonymous as you desire, which doesn't bode well when trying to determine who "Big Sexy" or "Stud Mama" is.

Needless to say, not sure if it boils down to my not embracing change, or if I just don't like Facebook. There are six or so people from my European trip that are on Facebook and I tried several times to email my roommate to add her as a friend and for some reason it didn't work. I even tried the friend thing first. Sigh...I think I'll stick with Myspace.

No comments: