Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Names - A New Generation?

Sunday afternoon was my nephews four and two year old birthday celebration. The party went well, even despite the power going out mid-way through. Fortunately, it didn't affect any of the happenings and it was light enough out to not cause any difficulties. However, two days later, my parents are still without power. As they live in a rural area, it could easily be a lot longer. Fortunately, my step-dad hooked up a generator so they aren't completely without.

At the party there seemed to be a general name theme. All of the children between the ages of 18 months to 4 years old, had "A" names. There was Aiden, Anna, Avery, Adam, and Audrey. Had I had a daughter, I would have named her Autumn.

So....just leaves me to wonder...is it the new generation of names beginning with an "A" or is it just that we as parents don't have enough time to get past the A's of the 1 million baby names for your child book?

No comments: