Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gorilla Arms

I completely feel like a gorilla. And it isn't because I haven't shaved in a day or two!

This is not the first time I've ever felt this way, just not sure if I'm the only one that feels this way. I've been pushing myself pretty hard at the gym. I'm making sure to get in my 30 minutes of elliptical cardio everyday and throwing in some rowing. Then alternating days between arms and legs.

Yesterday was an arm day. I did a lot of different machines. In addition to that, my son and I rode to the ball field and practiced ball. It's been a few weeks or so, at least it seems like it (at least since my dumber than a black lab posting) when we played catch. We/I played hard. We practiced for about 45 minutes or so before the other All Star teammates arrived for their practice.

Today I went to the gym again and worked on legs. Since the weather cleared, we rode our bikes back to the ball fields. I tried to throw a ball...yeah not so good. So instead of too many throws today - I did a lot more batting of pop flies and grounders to work on his fielding. Then he wanted to work on catching - why I haven't a clue since he didn't player catcher all season, he clearly won't in the All Stars! So of course that meant I had to pitch. To make matters worse, I then went to 2nd base to throw it at him at catcher to have him gun it back for the "steal".

Later tonight we played "HORSE" shooting hoops. I seriously feel like a gorilla. If I didn't already have a scab on my knuckle which would re-bleed and I would notice, I would think that my knuckles were dragging on the ground! I am so completely sore, especially where the arm meets the shoulder.

Not that his anything to do with my gorilla arms, I also played catcher while my son pitched. Since it was getting tough on the knees, decided I would bat. Yeah, not so smart. He beemed me, hard right in the stomach - yeah the one that is still there after a week of working out (where are the instant results?). So I'm sure tomorrow I'm going to be feeling like a rock star and not even hungover!

No comments: