Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Waiting Game

I'm all for spontaneity, sometimes. I guess when it's my time and my decision, I can do things without planning. On the otherhand, when there is something that is in the works or that I'm relying on information from someone else, the waiting drives me crazy!

To my dismay, last night I heard that my son's baseball game is on for tonight, despite the game being almost 1.5 hours away! I can't believe that we will actually have enough players able to go, when it seems local game participation is difficult enough. Coach left a message that the game was a go and he would be emailing me the location, directions and "other links".

I have yet to receive an email from him! This is utmost frustrating. For one, if the game were on, then I would be taking a completely different route from work. (Remember I'm completely directionally incompetent - so mapping this out is a requirement not a recommendation!) I would also book a hotel since the field is closer to my work than to my home, therefore easier for work in the morning. That would then require making a reservation and packing! If there was a game, I would work later since the game isn't until 6:00p.m. and the drive is closer than going home although unchartered territories.

Of course if there wasn't a game...I wouldn't have to do any of the above. I could plan on leaving work either regular time or stay later. I can decide which workout class I want to attend at the gym and make sure that I make it there on time!

Knowing what the plan is, I can plan for the day. Being completely in the dark, waiting...really sucks! So, I guess that I will pack the overnight bag, including snacks and workout clothes for the hotel and then head to work and wait. I'll wait to hear whether or not there's a game before I book my regular hotel, even though I'm pretty sure I would cancel if necessary before I had to.

Not that I can't stay at the hotel anyway, since my son is with his dad and it would be one less round trip drive home; but, I would prefer to be at home, get out of work earlier, get the travel reimbursement and work out at the gym.

In actuality, if this is the worst thing that happens today, it could just be a good day! I just wish I had more control and that when someone says they will do something, they do it - and in a timely manner!

No comments: