Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grannitis

Today I feel like a granny. And not the young, spunky, fun kind of granny. The elderly, crotchety, nagging, difficult to move kind of granny.

My two days at the gym is definitely wreaking havoc on my body. I feel every muscle, tendon, fiber, pore of my being. My existence is really a mere existence today. Getting up has been one of difficulty - groping for the closest thing to leverage myself upright. Shuffling my feet when I'm slowly moving from room to room. Moving as little as possible.

Oh, I surely hope this isn't what I have to look forward, getting old. I'm not ready to be or act or move like a granny. I hope that my grannitis is only a temporary condition, like a 24 hour bug or a flu.

While I couldn't motivate myself to get to the gym before they closed, I did manage to walk 4.0 miles to the video store to return my movies.

No comments: