Sunday, July 27, 2008

Whitecaps

Saturday Mr. Date got to the house about noon, which was our initial plan. He was up about the same time I was, but went into work while I headed home for some sleep. After he got to the house we talked about disc golf or canoeing, but never made it to either.

We spent a long time talking and kissing. I could spend days on end just cuddled up to him. And the funny thing is, he isn't a big guy. He doesn't portray that teddy bear image where I just want to be held and comforted. To know that I feel safe and secure with him. With my shoes on, we are pretty much at eye level with each other. My arms and thighs are definitely bigger than his, but he's strong. And with him, I feel at ease and safe. I don't feel like I can get close enough to him.

We finally grabbed dinner and headed up to the Whitecaps baseball game. JN and her friend were also going to be there, but it was just merely coincidental. This was the first baseball game I've been to sans son. The ex-bf has gone to games with me, but I've never felt the way I did tonight. Ok - seriously, there is something about Mr. Date too, that makes me break out into song - and I never know all the lyrics and the songs get stuck in my head. Over and over again...yep, sing that one too! It's seriously bizarre. Anyway, at the game, I just felt so comfortable being next to him. We stayed for the fireworks and then came home to watch part of the movie 21 before we were just too tired to watch the rest.

I'm not sure when I'll see Mr. Date again. For me, it won't be soon enough. He mentioned trying to swing something after work on Wednesday or Thursday - but we have the kid schedules to contend with on these every other weeks. Normally, I'm ok with not seeing someone very often since I tend to get bored or burnt out very quickly. I'm not so sure how I'll do when the shoes on the other foot and I want to see someone more than what is possible.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. The last thing I wanted was a boyfriend. Especially a boyfriend when in just over two weeks I'll be gone for almost two weeks in Grenada!

No comments: