Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Night

After my meeting with Joe, I headed over to my office to get done some much needed work. I was there for four hours, finally walking out at 11p.m. feeling very accomplished, very hot and very tired.

I got home and then was drawn to the computer again. I had received apology emails from Doogie saying that he wanted to chat with me soon...so I emailed him back "chat, chat, chat" and then sent him the devil icon. All in good fun of course.

I had talked with my girlfriend JN en route home from the office. Jeff had called her and seemed to be talking about me a lot. I was pretty uncomfortable with this, especially if they may date. He asked her if she was intimidated by me as I have such a strong personality. He also told her that I need to understand that no one is perfect. DUH....besides ME, I SO know that no one is perfect! LOL

I did get a few im's from Jeff when I was getting ready to fold my laundry and call it a night. He said he really wants to go to a gym with me and show me that he can leg press 490# 15 times. Really. I'm still not into you, even if you are clearly WAY stronger than I will ever be!

I im'd a guy that I have been emailing for a while. He is a nice man, working in the mental health field as an activity therapist. He is African American though and since my one and only similar dating experience was a HUGE issue with my mother, I question whether or not I should ever meet him. He seems nice enough, but I don't really banter with him much either. More on the serious side of things. Besides, his name just doesn't seem to fit for me, it's the last name of a teacher in my high school, and it's just odd. But by the end, we did exchange numbers and said we would talk soon.

What an exhausting weekend. I didn't sleep much. I'm sure I will be dragging most of the week, but I did manage to meet four different people during the week. I've learned that I truly like activity dates better than drinking and staring at someone wondering if you need to drink to make the night better, or because there isn't anything else to do! Mr. Date and I are the only ones that actually had an activity date. He's also the youngest of the four. I think I'm leaning toward younger/closer to my age than older since while I would like to travel and not have a partner with young kids, I also don't want a stuffy, formal relationship where I can't have fun. So if nothing else, I'm learning some things about what I like and don't like and tidbits that people tell me from assessing me.

No comments: