Thursday, July 3, 2008

Family Time

Last night the game was finally called due to our team not having enough players because of the severe weather, which was rescheduled for tonight. My mom and step-dad were en route to come to the game, when I advised that after an hour drive that they turn around and go home. Little did I know, that we actually would have played!

Surprisingly, my mom called me after the first half of an inning to say that they were about 5 miles away. I hadn't talked to her today, so I didn't know that they were planning on coming, again.

My son was excited to have them there to route for him along with myself, the ex-bf and his father. He definitely had a large fan base. It was great for me to have my mom and step-dad there too. After the game, my mom and step-dad, son and I went out to dinner. My mom and I, despite our occasional butting of heads, really do laugh a lot together. I love her dearly and hate to think that one day, we won't be able to laugh and share wonderful memories. I had her listen to her "rooster" voicemail message she had left me which had her literally in tears listening. Of course only she and I found it absolutely hysterical! Maybe it's just that mother-daughter connection.

Dinner was a great time and I was truly glad that I don't have to work tomorrow as it was after 10p.m. when we got back home. My step-dad took some wonderful pictures of my son, my mom and I, but my mom would kill me if I were to post them, so for her sake, I won't. Nothing like the classic dear in the headlight look though!

Family...truly a blessing.

No comments: