Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Joe Knows

Had a great walk with my girlfriend (JA) on Sunday. Love the company and exercise to boot, can't go wrong!

Got home and didn't know what to do. I wasn't looking forward to watching my three movies, surprise, surprise. I got online and responded to my dating emails and im'd with a few people. One of the emails was from Joe. He had made a futile attempt to ask for communication outside of emailing, and I wasn't biting. I think I just wanted to see what he had to offer or was willing to do to get my number. Clearly he wasn't one that I had been communicating with using my heavy sarcasm. So I emailed him my number and less than two minutes later, he called.

Joe is a nice guy in his early forties and is a physical therapist. He told me he gives great massages, but I told him I was looking for a personal trainer instead! We talked on the phone for about 45 minutes when he asked what I was doing and if I would like to meet. Sure, why not. So after I showered, I met him up at Panera Bread, not my favorite, but definitely tolerable.

He was a nice man and asked like a bazillion questions. I felt like the conversation was very one-sided. It was all about me. He was definitely kind of in-your-face kind of questioning, although I didn't feel uncomfortable, just in retrospect surprised at how much I did tell him. He was also somewhat enlightening to me. He guessed my weight, with a 15 pound spread and was low by three pounds on his high end. He told me that my picture is definitely misrepresentative of me. That my print top eludes curviness and even possibly overweight and he was surprised that I was "thin". I would never call myself thin, but those are his words. I have an athletic frame and prefer to date athletic stronger builds than tall, weak and fragile (pronounced fra...G...LAY - like in Christmas Story). Apparently my top was representative of Layne Bryant or Fashion Bug Plus...hmmm, he even guessed my pant size and was one size too high - which made him wonder where I hide my weight since he had checked out my butt, arms and thighs. The conversation also included my grey hairs, my upcoming medical testing, my surgeries, etc.

Joe suggested Omega 3 to reduce my elevated triglycerides. He suggested my workouts to include 15-20 reps instead of 8-15. He just seemed to offer a lot. It wasn't like he was a father figure, but I wasn't attracted to him in the sense that I want to date him either. He is a very nice man though.

No comments: