Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dating Advice

Clearly I'm not one to offer dating advice. Today I read an article on a man's and women's perspective of a good first date. One recommendation was that if you didn't feel the butterfly feeling or excited about going on the date, you should cancel.

If this were true, then maybe I won't ever go on a date again. I tend to have the nervous feeling of meeting someone new or doing something really stupid on a date, but not necessarily do I feel giddy about going on a date.

Monday I'm suppose to go to dinner with a guy that I have been chatting with online and talked to on the phone twice now. He lives about 45 minutes away, so not too far; however, considering I hardly have time to live my own life and do the things I need and want to do, I'm not sure how I'll find to date. If I listened to or observed all the red/orange flags, I wouldn't meet this person. He seems nice enough, he really does. The phone conversations weren't the best I've ever had by any means, but I do look forward to chatting with him. BUT...I think this is to pass time or fill a void. I don't see him as being a potential partner or boyfriend, so does that mean we shouldn't meet at all?

I don't have any problem meeting him. I'm always up for meeting new people; however, I think he's looking for a relationship. Although, he isn't even divorced yet for the second time. And, he has four kids to boot. He does seem nice enough and I've told him that the whole situation freaks me out more than his body type. Although after what seemed like an hour of instant messaging, we couldn't come to a decision on where we would meet. Sigh...another huge red flag for me, wear the pants pal. I even offered to pick the place if he gave me an idea of what type of food he wanted...whatever. Sigh...

I think I've come to realize that physically I should look for three things in a guy: 1) Taller than me, 2) Stronger than me and 3) Weighs more than me. One out of three just isn't going to cut it either. Maybe I'm cynical from my last two relationships which have made me increase my requirements, yeah, that's it! Actually, I'm just tired of dating weak and frail "men" as well as men that can't make a decision.

No comments: