Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ex-Bf Invite

I called the ex-bf and invited him to the ball game tonight. It was closer to his house as it was an away game. I hadn't invited him to a game all season, but he has shown up to two. I know with him on medical leave, that he would love to come and watch, so I thought I would do the friend thing and invite him.

He was overjoyed. Maybe too much so. Since I was the official score keeper, I felt like he grilled me third degree on what I had been doing and what my past weekend entailed and with who. He didn't like that I hung out with a friend Sunday night and asked if it was male or female. I answered male and he asked how long I had been seeing him. I'm not, still have yet to date since I broke up with you in January, pal. Then he wondered if it was the same friend I hung out with on Friday, nope different friend. I know this drove him crazy and he asked if I had seen or talked to a guy that he knew I dated before, nope, so that must have puzzled him all the more that he wasn't one of them either night.

Regardless that Friday and Saturday were hanging out with girlfriends, I don't know that it's any of his business. If in fact he was a friend, it wouldn't be a problem. But instead, he is so curious as he's not dating and he's not over me, so it feels like an interrogation more than anything else.

To make matters worse, I invited him to join my son and I for ice cream next to the ball fields. This went fine and I think my son was ok chatting with him. He didn't seem to care really, one way or the other. It is nice to know that I haven't scarred him for life in my decision to stop dating the ex-bf. He did ask if the ex-bf would be going to tomorrow's game, but the ex said he didn't know...of course since his days are busy consumed with a 4.5 mile walk and video games. I can see how it would be tough to schedule something in.

It is funny though how the ex tries to guilt me into not giving him good hugs or being affectionate. I don't feel guilty. I really don't. I truly know that any affection will be taken the wrong way. I truly believe this time around, I'm healthy and happier than I have ever been. And...I'm strong enough to know that I will survive - not that I ever had a doubt, but I don't need him despite all the terrible prospects I have come across along the way, it will not bring me back to him.

No comments: